2. Who will be involved in supporting my child?

The school has a special needs and disability coordinator, known as the SENDCo, who will plan the support for your child. Depending on the level of need, any or all of the following may be involved:

  • Parents and carers
  • Class teacher
  • Other teachers
  • Teaching assistants
  • Specialist teacher
  • Outside services as appropriate (e.g. educational psychologist, Speech and Language Therapy Service, South Downs Special School Outreach Support)
  • The Virtual School if your child is looked after by the local authority.

These staff may provide in-class or out-of-class support, 1:1 support or small group work. All additional support would be planned with your involvement. All teaching methods are regularly monitored and evaluated for their effectiveness, and reported back to you.